Information supplied by the Catholic Accountability Project
• 66 priests acknowledged by AD as abusers
• 27 laicized, 17 sentenced to “prayer and penance”
• 2 “defrocking” cases pending
• Rev. James J. Brennan and Rev. Robert L. Brennan
• No records are kept of their whereabouts. (Editor’s Note: The Dioceses of Detroit and Chicago hired staff to track their laicized priests. Why can’t Philadelphia?)
• No charges are ever filed.
• No Megan’s Law-style registration is required.
• Background checks do not pick up these former priests.
St. John Vianney Downingtown, PA
• Addiction Treatment Center with Pedophile “wing”
• 138 treated Clerics
• New allegations/reinstated 18.1%
• Insufficient supervision
Villa St. Joseph, Darby PA
• Location for “Prayer and Pennance Program” participants
• Participants agree to terms of program
• Sign in and out, but free to come and go without supervision.
• Asked to agree never to be with a child without another adult present.
• 2011 Grand Jury Report
• Archdiocesan Information on Admitted Abusers